Wednesday, November 16, 2016

bumpdate + life

I have been FILLED with this overwhelming sense of gratitude today, more than most days. Life isn't perfect by any means and there are plenty of things to stress about, but I can't get over how immensely blessed I am to even breathe, walk and eat. I cannot stop giving thanks to Heavenly Father, both on my knees and in my heart. I have a testimony that He really does care about every tiny detail in our lives. He sees our hearts and knows our intentions.
We all experience highs and lows as we cycle through trials and moments of relief. Soak in every moment, every emotion and allow it to wash over you. Allow yourself to change into who you're meant to become. God never leaves us, even (and especially) when we feel alone. Don't ever doubt this! He is there for you.
Baby update: I can't believe there's only 6 more weeks until we meet our baby boy! He's super healthy, sitting in a great position (which is awesome because I am doing a natural birth), and gets the hiccups at least 2xs per day. He looooooves to stretch from head to toe, which is the cutest thing ever but is also very uncomfortable for me (he's doing it right now haha)! He wiggles around whenever Scott talks to him. P.S. We chose his name years ago but we're keeping it quiet until the birth. :)
Mommy update: Despite struggling to put my shoes on, coming down with colds every month and fighting the urge to rest and do nothing all day, I'm doing very well! From the time I was little, I had an image of pregnancy being miserable and I am so happy that it hasn't been that way for me. I hit 34 weeks and am preparing myself emotionally, spiritually and physically to bring Baby into the world. I haven't been working out every day but I have been focusing on exercises that will help with the birth and try to stay active. Last week, I spent every day walking around while we were on vacation and was super proud... It's crazy how much joint stress comes from my body doubling it's blood count and growing a full human. Pregnancy is seriously a miracle, it amazes me every second!
xoxo
Brittany

Photo: Lavender Belle Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment