Monday, November 28, 2016

Q+A

I've never done a q&a before. I am absolutely flattered with how many questions I recieved! I had to narrow it down a lot, so I'm sorry if any of yours got cut.  Curl up with a soft blanket, enjoy all this snow + get to know me a little more! :)



Favorite past time/favorite thing to do in your down time? A few favorites include: cuddling the hubs and our fur baby, painting/drawing freely, listening to Conference talks, skimming Pinterest for future home project ideas, or settling down with a classic movie and hot chocolate, mmm.

Are you high maintenance? I don't feel like I am... but this is a tricky question! I know some women who don't leave the house without makeup, extensions, gel nails, etc. and consider themselves low-maintenance. I just think it's more of a question of how ready a woman likes to be every day. I will spend quite a while getting ready for a big photoshoot or event a few times a month, however I don't do that on a daily basis--it would totally drain me. I definitely don't feel the need to constantly have my nails manicured, I style my hair with heat once per week tops, and I spend at least 2 days per week completely makeup-free. Oh, and I never spend more than $20 on any kind of makeup or hair product! That's just where I'm comfortable. But bottom line, I feel that the most important thing about self-care is to feel beautiful and feminine, whatever that means to you and whatever routine you like to follow in order to feel that way! :)

What are you most excited about being a first-time mommy? It's soo hard to narrow down what I'm "most" excited for, but I definitely can't wait to kiss/cuddle/squeeze and feed little ones. :) There's a special feeling associated with being so heavily relied on, and filling the needs of your babies. I feel like I've experienced a small portion of what it'll really be like with this little guy in my tummy. I can't wait for the full experience in a few weeks.

Ideal number of kids? I've always wanted 3-5, and Scott has always wanted 4, so we're on the same page on where we think the "perfect" number is for us. We will see where we end up!

Big parties or intimate dinners? This reminds me of a quote from The Great Gatsby: "I like large parties, they are so intimate. At small parites there isn't any privacy." That's exactly why I would have to say big parties. :)

Date night or girls night? Date night, because I can't get enough of my husband and he is literally my best friend. <3 But a girls night is MUCH needed every once in a while.

Favorite destination? I LOVE to travel so this one is really hard to narrow down! I'd have to say that Carmel/Monterey, California is up there because of the memories I made while living there a few summers ago. There is a cozy little town in Montana that Scott and I also love.

Best DIY project yet? Guys, this is totally hilarious and makes no sense--though I am a full-time artist, I am not skilled at DIY projects! I am very proud of our newly painted and re-finished kitchen chairs. We took them from a shiny black to light cream, and sanded down the reddish finish on the seats to leave them light and gorgeous.

Favorite bible story and why? I'd have to say that one of my top favorites is the bible story of Jesus and the little children. He taught the disciples that simple, childlike faith is crucial to entering the kingdom of God. Likewise, in 3 Nephi chapter 17 (in the Book of Mormon), Christ gathers the little children around him and offers a prayer that is so marvelous that the words of it could not be written. He blessed them one by one, and they are surrounded and ministered to by angels of heaven. There is nothing sweeter to me than that story.

Ever used essential oils? Yes! I love them.

Worst fear? I go back and forth on this all the time, but I've got to say that since becoming pregnant my worst fear has become car accidents. I see so many people on their phones distracted, it drives me nuts!

Favorite exercises while pregnant? A couple months ago I wrote a post about tips to staying healthy during pregnancy that talks about my routine. I have been taking it pretty easy since week 30. My current favorites include lunges, squats and deep stretches with the birth ball I've been using. :)

How do you curl your hair? Click here to read my post on how I achieve wavy curls!

What do you do if you can't sleep at night? Most of the time if I can't sleep it's because my mind is racing a million miles a minute. I spend some time trying to quiet the noise by thinking of something calm, and if it doesn't work for more than 30 minutes or so then I get up and do something productive until I'm exhausted!

What was the best news you ever recieved? The first thing that popped into my mind when reading this question took me back to when I was dating Scott. It was a snowy day a lot like today, and I was really missing him. He was working in North Dakota and wasn't scheduled to come home for another month (he'd typically be gone for 3 months, home for a couple weeks, repeat). I remember recieving a call from him and his voice was full of excitement. He told me that he was being sent home Friday and had just bought his plane ticket home! I was beside myself with happiness. We actually ended up getting engaged that weekend. <3

Best piece of life advice for us ladies? Life is rough. I'd have to say that if I could give one piece of advice, it would be this: learn to enjoy life during the rocky patches. During the hard times, keep memories of peace and joy engrained in your memory to give you strength, find your connection to God and hold to it, be kind to yourself, and most importantly--stay true to yourself. Doing these things will not only build your faith and understanding through trials, but shape you and unlock your potential to become more than you could even imagine.



Hope you guys enjoyed this! I seriously cherish each of you who have followed along in my life journey. If YOU ever do a q&a, please tag me! I'd love to know more about you.

xoxo

Brittany




2 comments:

  1. Loved learning more about you through this❤️️

    ReplyDelete