Monday, June 5, 2017

I JUST KNEW


I never thought soul mates existed before I met Scott. I truly didn't. I had loved before, but I strongly believed that love was only built on years and years of memories deep layers of trust. I was fragile, afraid, and extremely cautious after everything I had experienced in my childhood. When I would hear people say things like, "When you know, you know!" after a couple short months, I thought it was complete insanity. There was no way people just "knew"---how could they? How could they base such a vastly important decision on "knowing," and surrendering their heart to another so quickly??

When I met Scott, the universe proved me wrong. I found myself surrendering my heart and soul to him so effortlessly, because he already held the other half. He filled in all the cracks. I knew who he was. He knew who I was. My logical, cautious mind whispered, "don't fall so quickly" and so I fell to my knees for guidance... and each time, I received an answer so complete and strong that I could not deny it. Being with him was a steady river that coursed with peace and a deep assurance that I was where I needed to be. And so, despite my opinions, my beliefs, my stubbornness... I "knew."

In three months we were engaged, and in a little under a year, we were married. That is something I never thought would happen to me, but I am so grateful that I trusted myself and God and took that leap! Every day that has passed over the last two years of marriage, I have discovered something new about how Scott was made for me. There are all these tiny fragments of who I am that match up to who he is with perfection. I see with total clarity that as we each become the people we are meant to be, we will continue to fit. I thank the Lord every chance I get for such a blessing. We have conquered so much together and I know that we can accomplish anything we set our minds to, as long as we have each other.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the man who holds my heart! :)
And thank you to everyone who has supported us in our journey.

xoxo
Brittany


  



All photography by Emily Magers

No comments:

Post a Comment